The main goal of the Investment Strategy of the Pskov region is to enhance investment activity facilitating increase in the amount of investments attracted to the economy, expansion of sources of investment and improvement of their efficiency to ensure economic diversification and high rates of balanced economic growth, improved quality of life, as well as shaping of the spatial organization of the Pskov region that corresponds the demographic and economic trends.
This goal can be achieved through the following tasks:
- Form and develop financial and credit mechanisms of investment attraction and support of investment activity.
- Form a strategic investment portfolio based on determined investment priorities of the region.
- Broaden and strengthen the positions of the Pskov region in the investment sphere.
- Improve the system of management of investment processes.
- Develop staffing support for investment processes in the region.
The Investment Strategy of the Pskov region for the period through to 2020 (hereinafter referred to as the Strategy) is developed in accordance with the Standard for measures of executive bodies of the subject of the Russian Federation to ensure favorable investment climate in the Pskov region, which was developed by the Agency of Strategic Initiatives on promotion of new projects in partnership with the Russian national non-governmental organization Business Russia, and is based on the provisions of key strategic documents of the Russian Federation and the Pskov region:
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of 07.05.2012 No. 596 “On long-term state economic policy”;
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of 10.09.2012 No. 1276 “On evaluation of activities of the federal executive bodies and senior government officials (heads of supreme executive bodies) of subjects of the Russian Federation on creation of favorable conditions for entrepreneurial activity”;
- Model of Long-Term Social and Economic Development of the Russian Federation for the period through to 2020, approved by the decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of 17.11.2008 No. 1662-r;
- Strategy of Social and Economic Development of the Northwestern Federal District for the period through to 2020, approved by the decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of 18.11.2011 No. 2074-r;
- Strategy of Social and Economic Development of the Pskov region for the period through to 2020, approved by the decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of 16.07.2010 No. 193-r;
- Regional long-term target program “Development of Infrastructure of Investment Activity in the Pskov region for 2013-2015”, approved by the decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of 4.12.2012 No. 621.