1. Favorable investment climate
Investment activity is based upon strategic priorities of the region development. Pskov adopted and is implementing the Strategy of social and economic development of the region up to 2020, in which comprehensive support in the framework of long-term target programs ismade a priority area of work.
Investment projects considered strategic are being monitored in the framework of a tracking system providing assistance to investors in obtaining necessary confirmations and approvals in the government bodies and local authorities, in obtaining technical specifications for connecting the site to utility networks and solution of other issues arising during implementation of an investment project.
Tax privileges are provided.
2. Border location of the region, high level of development of transport infrastructure and infrastructure of foreign economic activity
The region is located in the zone of influence of two economic centers of Russia - Moscow (742 km from Pskov) and St.Petersburg (280 km from Pskov) and has high transport accessibility rates in relation to Russian and Baltic ports. From Pkov it is a 150 km distance to Ust-Luga, 260 km to Riga, 336 km to Tallinn, 470 km to Ventspils, 53 km to Liepaja, 680 km to Klaipeda.
10 border check points function in the territory of the region: 1 air check point, 6 automobile check points, 3 railway checkpoints. Passage of cargo across the border is serviced by Pskov Customs, through 14 customs posts.
3. Availability of qualified man power
There are 3 institutions of higher professional education, 11 institutions of vocational secondary education and 21 institutions of basic vocational education in the region. In 2011 Pskov State University uniting five institutes of higher and secondary education: Pskov State Pedagogical University, Pskov State Polytechnic Institute, Industrial College, Pskov Construction and Economics College and VelikieLuki Construction College.
More than 30 thousand citizens of the region are currently employed outside – it is a large reserve of qualified manpower which can be attracted to the emerging businesses of the Pskov region.
4. High level of infrastructure development
The level of gasification is 44.7%. The regional Gasification Development Programme 2011-2014 includes installation of gas service in 9 districts, construction and reconstruction of 51 boiler plants. Electricity industry is represented by a major generating platform – Pskov State Regional Power Station with capacity of 430 MW, two small power stations with total capacity of 3MW and highly automated complex of power supply network facilities.
The largest project in the area of power supply on reconstruction of Pskov water treatment plant, is underway.
Two industrial parks (IP), Moglino and Stupnikovo, will be created in the Pskov region, providing infrastructure for implementation of investment projects. The Administration of the Pskov region also applied to the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation for creation of an industrial production special economic zone in IP Moglino.
5. The Pskov region possesses unique resources for development
• there are 537 monuments of federal importance, 3570 monuments of regional importance and 1251 newly discovered heritage sites;
• recreational and environmental resources including the coast of Pskov and Chudskoye Lake and other lakes (about 3.5 thousand in the region) and rivers as a tourist destination;
Agri- and aquiculture:
• agricultural land occupies 2289.0 thousand hectares. The Administration of the Pskov region and municipal districts possess land resources to provide them to investors;
• the Pskov region is one of the most environmentally clean regions of Russia;
• 238 lakes of 100 hectares each in area with total aquatorium of 90 thousand hectares or 79% of total area of small lakes of the region have commercial fishing importance.
rated wood cutting – 4.5 mln cubic meters of merchantable wood.
• 28 explored deposits of brick clays
• 141 explored deposits of sand and sand-and-gravel materials with confirmed reserves 202.8 mln m³;
• 6 limestone deposits which are of interest for calcinations for lime;
• 7 sites with deposits of white and colouredsmall-grained dolomite limestones.
of the Pskov region One-stop-shop Need help?
Talk to our experts!
8 800 250 6 224
5 reasons to invest in the Pskov region
1. Favorable investment climate